Friday 9 August 2013

Off to Greece // Ab nach Griechenland

Tomorrow I'm off to week of vacation in Greece, precisely to the beautiful island of Corfu. I'm just packing my suitcase and thanks to my kindle I won't have to care about the weight of my books. I'll have a lot of titels with me, but I haven't decided yet what to read.
 


A choice of titles I'm eager to read:

The devil's cave - Martin Walker (English)
Bretonische Brandung - Jean-Luc Bannalec (German)
Death on tour - Janice Hamrick (English)
Cien años de soledad - Garbiel García Marquez (Spanish)
Un mese con Montalbano - Andrea Camilleri (Italian)
El prisionero del cielo - Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Spanish)
Смерть на Ниле (Death on the Nile) - Agatha Christie (Russian - translation)

I have also some audio books with me - sometime it's just too hot to read :-)

Auf Treu und Glaube - Donna Leon (German - translation)
A casual vacancy - J.K.Rowling (English)
Il commissario Montalbano e la lettera anonima (Italian - special version for learners)

And of course, still a few real books will accompany me:



I do not speak any Greek, but I find it interesting to get a short insight into the language. So my aunt gave me some of her old Greek phrasebooks and I bought a new one of a serial I really like.



 
 

I perfectly know, that I won't be able to read all these books, but I prefer to have the choice :)
 
The last days I was a bit busy with holiday preparation, birthdays etc. but also worked on my project. Updates on my progress will follow after my vacation.
 
λοιπόν, τα λέμε
 

No comments:

Post a Comment